Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Greetings from Shea

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to my addition of this blog here at the Hate Locker. My name is Derek but I will go by Shea from now on. Let me just let you know about me and why I will be writing on this blog.

I currently live in Utah in the wonderful city of Salt Lake. It is a beautiful city and has many things to offer. Not as many things as my previous town Long Beach, California but I think I've managed for the past five years. Utah is the site for many things musical (the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Punk), and it has grown to be a place to film movies. That's where I come in.

I'm a movie lover and I am currently attending school for Film. Although, I am not an accomplished Film Critic, and I haven't made award winning films, I like to critique films with the best interest in mind. I enjoy Film and that is all aspects of Film. I'll focus mainly on the Sound aspects of Film because that is where my experience lies. But as an entirety I will bring my opinion on the films I have seen. It'll be a fun look at whats out there and if you want to take my opinions you will be my best friend, but if you don't then thats your own prerogative.

I hope you enjoy what I have to write and feel free to leave any comments on what I say. I always appreciate good discussions. Ill leave you with a quote that has helped me when I start to write something

Over a period of time it's been driven home to me that I'm not going to be the most popular writer in the world, so I'm always happy when anything in any way is accepted. - Stephen Sondheim

No comments:

Post a Comment