Sunday, October 10, 2010

I hate it when people say what I mean better than I do...

But that's exactly what happened. Adrien Grenier, the actor best known for his work on the HBO show Entourage has released a documentary called Teenage Paparazzi. It focuses on a 13 year old kid named Austin who makes his lunch money by running around Hollywood trying to get shots of celebrities with other paparazzi photographers. Now, the kid is the focus of the documentary, but in studying the kid and his peers, the filmmakers do a great job of studying the conditions that created this particular pop culture pathology. Many of the things they address herein are some of the very things that inspire my hate and that I hope to address in this here blog. Bastards, beat me to it! Just kidding. Anyway, I found it fascinating. It's on HBO, I don't know when, but they generally have a habit of driving programming into the ground. Check it out when you get a chance. Here's a url to the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwM5mjGX1yM

1 comment: